The CMC was formerly
known as the Calvary
Missions Fellowship (CMF).
The change in name is to
make its role more concise.
CMC will basically continue
to function like the CMF.
The Structure of the CMC
As a ministry of Calvary BP Church, the CMC reports to the Board of Elders (BOE), and comes under its authority and guidance. The CMC consists of a Chairman (Elder Foong), Vice-Chairman (Elder Mak), Secretary (Elder James How) and the heads of various sub-committees.
are organised according to
the countries in which we
have missions commitments.
They are, namely, Local and
Lanka (Elder Foong), Thailand
and China (Elder Mak) and
Vietnam (Peter Goh).
There is also a
sub-committee headed by
James How that is
responsible for editing the
newsletter and organising
the Annual Missions
The Work of the CMC
The primary role of CMC is to fulfil the Great Commission that our Lord Jesus Christ gives to His Church: “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). The general direction of the CMC is to encourage church-wide participation in missions work. The CMC operates according to the missions policy of our Church. Under this mandate, the CMC has specific responsibilities in the following areas:
· Providing for, and taking care of the missionaries supported by our Church;
· Reviewing and recommending to the BOE, financial support for the missionaries and the needs of the mission stations;
· Recommending to the BOE, support for new missions outreaches;
· Interviewing missionaries who are considering working with our Church;
· Providing counsel to Church members who are prayerfully considering going into full-time ministry service for the Lord;
· Raising awareness of Church members to the Church’s missions work by organising the Annual Missions Conference and publishing a quarterly newsletter;
· Encouraging and challenging Church members in praying for, giving and going to missions; and
· Organising and leading short-term mission trips for Church members and exposing them to the work of missions.
Please continue to pray for the CMC as we advance
God’s kingdom through the
work of missions.
JOIN US IN THESE UPCOMING
|22/2-28/2||Samaki, North Thailand to prepare for VBC and Evangelistic meetings in March||Pastor Isaac,|
|10/3-17/3||North Thailand. Samaki: VBC and Evangelistic meetings; Maepoon: Youth Camp||Pastor Isaac, Elder Mak|
|19/3-23/3||VBI: Philippians||Bro. Peter Goh|
|26/3-30/3||VBI: An Overview of the Minor Prophets||Pastor Peter|
|14/4-22/4||TRPC Anniversary and ACM, survey of Sri Lanka missions outreaches||Pastor Peter, Elder Foong|
|21/5-25/5||VBI: Christian Apologetics||Bro. Peter Goh|
|26/5-2/6||North Thailand Short-Term Mission Trip||Eld. Mak|
|13/8-19/8||DVBS at Trincomalee, Sri Lanka||Dn Jeffrey Soh|
|1/9-8/9||North Thailand Short-Term Mission Trip||Eld. Mak|
|17/9-28/9||VBI: Ezra and Nehemiah||Pastor Peter|
|13/10-20/10||North Thailand Short-Term Mission Trip||Eld. Mak|
|17/11-24/11||North Thailand Short-Term Mission Trip||Eld. Mak|
|26/11-30/11||VBI: Revelation||Bro. Peter Goh|
|10/12-16/12||DVBS at Jaffna, Sri Lanka||Dn Jeffrey Soh|
|We would also be making short trips to various churches in Batam and Malaysia on a regular basis. For these trips, please find out more from Preacher Boaz or Dn. Bendick in the Church Office.|
2012 - Pastoral Missions Report
2012 - Mission message by Bro Yap
2012 - Mission message by Dn Jeffrey
2011 May - Pastoral Missions Report (pdf)
2011 Mar - Pastoral Missions Report (pdf)
2010 Dec - Pastoral Missions Report (pdf)
2010 Jun - Pastoral Missions Report (pdf)
2010 Feb - Pastoral Missions Report (pdf)